What if. . .

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Well. . .

"Hello, hello, hello. I'm roguewriter's (overworked and underappreciated) assistant, and I will be filling in for her today as she is pouring over a couple of "key" points of her novel and arguing with her muse and isn't in a terribly helpful mood. So you're stuck with me, lucky you, eh? Well, you needn't look like that, she's been telling you about me, hasn't she? It's not my fault she bets with me too much! Er, but - but, you're getting me off subject!" The elf rose, large black wings unfurling. "I've got the feeling I'll be maning the station for a good week or two, so let me outline what the plan looks like: we'll have several quick words on several subjects. First on the list is in relation to Soundtracks, part 1.
rock4ever95,you said "I use real music as my soundtrack. For example, right now I am listening to Dear Mr. President by P!nk and that makes me feel sort of inspired and elegant. But if I were listening to, say, You Don't Know What Love Is by the White Stripes I would feel more, angry and up-tempo. The music I listen to affects my writing style." You are quite right, the music a writer listens to usually affects one's style. Take for example, my writer, she has ben listening to the same two albums over and over again for the past couple of weeks.
Dragon Archer, you said "Me, I'll hear songs on the radio and think "Hmm. . .this song would fit Azalea," or "This song would be perfect for Kairan and Kylise as a couple," but I don't really compose music in my head for scenes. At least, not consciously.
It's not unheard of for me to do things like that on a subconscious level
." Also very true, as long as it works for you. I think it's a matter of what and how you choose to write. In both your responses I see bits of the writer I'm forced to work with, but in the end, I think it's the way the writer thinks.


5 comments:

  1. I can't help but wondering, Emily's lovely assistant, what your name is. ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose you could call me Azai. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Azai? Well, pleased to meet you. Why/how exactly are you underappreciated yet overworked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pleasure.
    I am completely overworked do to the fact that I almost everything around here. In example, I mend the windows when she throws plots out them with out first checking to see that they're open, I see that she gets more than a couple hours of sleep, and right now, I'm the one mantaining this blog so she can try to write.
    Underappreciated because, in return for everything that I do, what to I get? I holiday every blue moon, if she remembers that is.
    Does that answer your questions or do you have more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have another: would you mind telling me what you look like?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you found the above post interesting and have something to say about it - please leave a comment after the beep.