What if. . .

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Plots

Plots, I spend night after sleepless night working on one, get to perfection, and start writing - only to have it fall apart. So I mope for a few days/months, throw things at my personal assistant (see About Me for details) , try to work on the story without a plot, and give up in disgust. After spending a fairly sleepless week or two working, I come up with a "better" plot, start working - three weeks/a couple months later, I have to scrap it, because it makes no sense, I've lost interest or it stinks. I mope, I become miserable, I start working again.

And the cycle continues for months. . .

Sounding familiar yet?




2 comments:

  1. No it doesn't. My problem is that I have way too many plots. My problem is which one to choose.

    Also, sometimes my plots write themselves. Which is always a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, I have a nice Azalea plot going at the moment, but I keep tweaking things here and there. Not to mention that I can't stop thinking about Lena's story - which still needs a name!

    I've never heard of one's plots writing themselves. Is it helpful?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you found the above post interesting and have something to say about it - please leave a comment after the beep.