What if. . .

Friday, September 18, 2009

Soundtracks, part 1

5...4...3...2...1.. lights come on, and we're set.


The girl paces the floor, scowling. "So, I hit a new low, well, actually, I've been this way since the last plot idea failed.
"But I'm not here to talk about that, no, I'm here about soundtracks. Come on, I can't be the only person who "composes" music in their heads to go along with scenes. . . am I? I mean, that's the problem in life, unlike movies, there is no danger music. If there was, life would be quite a bit simpler." She pauses, looking around. "And that's really all I have to say on Soundtracks, part 1."

2 comments:

  1. I use real music as my soundtrack. For example, right now I am listening to Dear Mr. President by P!nk and that makes me feel sort of insired and elgent. But if I were listening to, say, You Don't Know What Love Is by the White Stripes I would feel more, angry and up-tempo. The music I listen to effects my writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, I'll hear songs on the radio and think "Hmm. . .this song would fit Azalea," or "This song would be perfect for Kairan and Kylise as a couple," but I don't really compose music in my head for scenes. At least, not consciously.
    It's not unheard of for me to do things like that on a subconscious level.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you found the above post interesting and have something to say about it - please leave a comment after the beep.